Dear CHS Families and Friends,
Our webpage is designed to help keep you informed about important information and upcoming events and activities that are occuring at Concord High School. We have a lot of activities during the school year so please remember to check the website regularly and mark your calendars. We have also included several links which offer additional information and support.
Here are some of our important upcoming dates in second semester of the 2012 - 2013 school year. For a complete listing of our sports schedules, please go to raiderssports.com.
As we enter the second semester, our focus continues to be on academic rigor and on academic achievement. Congratulations to our seniors! Many of our seniors have begun to receive their College acceptance notices from prospective colleges. It is very impressive to see the variety of colleges that our seniors have been invited to attend. Please let us know when a senior receives an acceptance letter. We are proud to share the good news.
We will be giving a variety of assessments in the upcoming months.
· The Spring DCAS testing window will begin February 4th. This is the first of two DCAS testing opportunities for students. The DCAS test is a statewide test that measures the performance of all of our 9th and 10th graders in the areas of Math and English. DCAS State testing information is available on Home Access and score reports will be sent home as available. If you have any questions about the DCAS State testing, please contact Mr. Paul Iaboni at 475-3951.
· In 2014-2015, the State will be changing its testing measure to the Smarter Balanced Assessment. Concord has been selected to participate in a pilot test for Grade 11 in English/Language Arts during a two week window in March.
· On Wednesday, April 17th, all 11th Graders will be taking the SAT. The SAT test will be provided free of charge during the school day to all 11th graders. If you have questions about the SAT test, please contact Mrs. Leah Heckles at 475-3950.
· The second round of DCAS State testing will begin in April.
· AP Exams will begin on May 6 and continue for two weeks. More information will be sent out as the dates are approaching. If you have any questions about the AP Exams, please contact Mrs. JoAnn Singleton at 475-3950.
· In May, students will participate in the Statewide 10th grade Science test, the State End of Course exam in Algebra II and US History
There is a great deal of excitement around our upcoming senior events such as our Prom at the Riverfront on Thursday, May 30th immediately followed by the Concord After Prom at Concord. Commencement for the Class of 2013 will be at the Bob Carpenter Center on Sunday, June 2nd at 7:00 pm. These are very special and memorable events.
We appreciate all of the time, effort, and energy that our students, parents and community have put into the planning and organizing all of the events that happen during the year. It is the “family” approach at Concord that makes the positive difference in our school. If you have any questions or would like to share some good ideas, please feel free to contact me.
As always, thank you for supporting Concord High School.