Department Chair/Choir Director: Thomas Sabatino
Band website: http://www.domenicpisano.com
Orchestra webiste: http://www.anitapisano.com
The courses offered by the Music Department provide opportunities for students to gain skills and awareness and to develop a sensitivity of the aesthetic values of music.
Membership in any vocal or instrumental organization gives students the opportunity to learn through performance. In musicology courses, the students are provided with an in-depth study of the elements of music (harmony, form, ear training).
For all performing instrumental and vocal music classes there will be auditions for selection into the appropriate music ensemble. Auditions are in the Spring for the coming year.
"You know you're a band geek when you pass out while reading a book because they didn't put in breath marks in the book!"
1. Develop basic knowledge, skills, and appreciation.
2. Develop ability of musically talented students.
3. Develop interest in music through performance.
4. Stimulate musical creativity.
5. Develop character and leadership.